Contracts FAQ

What if I am asked to sign an agreement of any kind on behalf of Georgia Tech or the Board of Regents?

You should not sign the document, and do not have the authority to bind Georgia Tech or the Board of Regents, unless you have express written authorization from the president to do so. If you know which office on campus should handle the matter, you should forward the document to that office. If not, you may forward the document to our office.



What do I do if I am told that my research contract is delayed because of "legal problems"?

Always check with your contracting officer in the Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP) first.  Very few research contracts with "legal problems" come to our office for review.  If the OSP Contracting Officer indicates that the research contract is being negotiated by Legal Affairs, email us and we will let you know the status of the contract negotiations.